Top 15 Amazing Things To Do In Kerala For An Incredible Holiday
Kerala is a land of Diversity and Multiplicity and offers umpteen numbers of places and activities to do, Club Holiday has compiled a list of things to do in Kerala to make your holiday a memorable one. Which of these do you wish to try first.
Top Tourist Places in Kashmir: BLOG
1. Tata Tea Museum in Munnar: Munnar is a tea town in Kerala. Tata Tea Museum of Munnar has acquired a place of pride in the tea-industry history of India. This museum was set up to acquaint people with the tea-making process. This museum showcases the exquisite and wide variety of tea leaves, photos, souvenirs, and tea plants and machines used in the processing of these aromatic tea plants. You can buy fresh tea leaves at the museums and go inside the tea plantations to get a feel of it.
2. Mattupetty Dam in Munnar: Mattupetty dam is the most visited spot during the Munnar holidays due to the sheer beauty of the lake associated with this Dam. The view of the valley from the dam site is fascinating. Locals and tourists in Kerala visit, both frequent this to enjoy a picturesque boat ride on the lake or a leisurely walk with their beloveds and enjoy a picnic.
The dam is located in the middle of the green forest and tea plantation and offers a good option for trekking. You can visit the nearby elephant park and enjoy some time with your kids.
3. Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary of Thekkady: Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary is known for its tiger and elephant reserve and is inhabited by, Jungle Cat, macaque, Monkeys, mountain goats, Bengal tiger, Indian elephant, Gaur, Nilgiris, and Sambar along with plenty of unique variety of birds and many other wildlife species. You can opt for an Elephant joy ride, jeep ride, bamboo rafting in the lake, and trekking. These are some of the ways to enjoy the beauty and soul of the Natural Environment. Evening boating at Periyar lake can be included in your Kerala family vacation.
4. Varkala Beach near Kovalam: Among many beaches of Kerala, Varkala beach is one of the best Kerala beach destinations for Water sports activities in India. Tourists visit Varkala beach for boat rides, para-sailing, windsurfing, etc. and these activities are very popular among tourists as well as locals.
The Fantastic coastline of this beautiful beach surrounded by a row of palm and coconut trees is the hallmark of this lovely and beautiful beach. Varkala beach is considered one of the best beaches in India. Kerala honeymoon packages generally include a night of stay at this beach.
5. Trip to Kanyakumari: Kanyakumari is the southernmost tip of the Indian Peninsula. It is very famous for Vivekananda Memorial, build on a small rock Amidst the sea. You have to go there on a small ferry. Tourists visit this place to acquaint themselves with the great saint. You may consider it to be included in the Kerala vacation.
We all are fond of drinking tea and Munnar tea gardens allow you an opportunity to witness tea being picked, processed, and Packed and the interesting tea-tasting experiences, Tata tea museum and Munnar tea gardens are great tourist attractions. Savoring a freshly brewed cup of tea after a tea plantation visit is a good experience. You can buy fresh tea and carry it home as a memoir of Kerala
Kerala is Primarily a nature lovers’ holiday paradise as it is devoid of any man-made attractions and can boast of many good wildlife parks and sanctuaries and these wildlife sanctuaries are must-visit destinations for naturalists and wildlife enthusiasts.
If you are booking a Kerala family package, you must try including a wildlife experience. These parks other than wildlife experience give you an option to explore many other activities like boating, trekking, rafting, etc. in places like Periyar wildlife sanctuary.
The Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary in Wayanad is the largest in Kerala. The Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary and the Mangalavanam Bird Sanctuary. Eravikulam National Park in Munnar is home to the endangered Nilgiri Tah. More Birdlife in Kerala can be seen by visiting sanctuaries like the Thattekad Bird Sanctuary (Kerala's oldest bird sanctuary, famous for its wide variety of birdlife). A Naturalist can spend months in Kerala to study a wide variety of flora and fauna
Visit elephant camps of Thekkady can be a part of your Kerala holiday package. Elephants are given daily baths here, and even you can participate in the activity if you wish. Small Kids will love this opportunity to interact and have fun with the lovely animals, so please consider including this in your Kerala holiday packages with your family. Thekkady is the right place to play and interact with trained elephants.
Athirapally fall, called Niagara fall of India, is 80 feet high beautiful waterfall situated 50 minutes away from Cochin Airport. This waterfall is filmed in many Indian movies. Any Kerala trip after monsoon should include a visit to Athirapally falls, you will be happy that you made it a part of the Kerala package. You can visit Thrissur temple, a few kilometers away. Athirapally has many accommodations options from budget hotels to very costly Resorts.
Kerala is emerging as a medical tourism state. Kerala is home to the science of Ayurveda if time and budget permit an Ayurveda massage or therapy should be part of your Kerala trip for your aged parents. Each tourist place in Kerala has various ayurvedic therapy for different requirements. Monsoon would be the best and perfect time to visit Kerala to take Ayurvedic treatment.
Show your love at a heart-shaped lake in Wayanad. Heart-shaped Cembra Lake in Wayanad is a very popular destination for newlywed couples to express their love. If you have included Wayanad's stay in your Kerala honeymoon package, you must enjoy boating here.
12. Explore the water sports activities in Kerala:
Kovalam and Varkala beaches offer many water sports activities that can be included in your Kerala tour. Water sports activities that can be enjoyed in these Kerala destinations are jet ski, parasailing, scuba, snorkeling, windsurfing, etc.
Adventure-loving people of any age can opt for multiple adventure options during their Kerala trip. Kerala probably is only a holiday destination that offers you all types of holiday experiences in one trip i.e. Kerala trip. Hills, wildlife, beaches, pilgrimage, houseboat, watersports, trekking all activities can be included in your one and only one Kerala package.
You can come for a honeymoon, you can come for trekking, you can come for ayurvedic treatment. The Kerala package can be booked for any purpose.
13. Paragliding in Kerala: Paragliding is one of the world's most popular adventure sports you can engage in During Vacations, and Vagamon paragliding is considered one of the most popular paragliding spots. One of the reasons Kerala's so popular for adventure tourism must certainly be paragliding. Throughout Kerala, there are many fine paragliding spots where you can discover different opportunities for adventure. Due to the presence of greater adventure in it, every adventure seeker loves paragliding. The cost of paragliding in Kerala varies depending on where you choose to start your paragliding, but 4,000 INR is a normal price of paragliding.
14. Live in a Tree House: Wayanad You are at the right place in Wayanad if you want to get closer to nature and explore the natural surroundings. The treehouse stays also provide sports such as rappelling, rock climbing, mountain biking, and nature walks.
During your Kerala Holiday, you may spend your day in the middle of nature, living in a treehouse amidst Coffe plantation of Tea garden. The view you get from inside the house is just stunning and it's unforgettable every moment you spend here. This should be added to your checklist of exciting things to do in Kerala as this is an opportunity once in a lifetime. The atmosphere set by Kerala's treehouse is also very romantic, so for your honeymoon, you can also visit here. In Wayanad, Thekkady & Munnar you will find the best Tree House in Kerala.
15. Eravikulam National Park in Munnar: Eravikulam National Park in Munnar is a UNESCO Heritage site and a world-renowned national park, rich in flora and fauna. You can see a good population of wild animals like mountain goats, monkeys, Nilgiri cows, langurs, and bison. You can take a full day jeep safari to go deep in the jungle to see all these animals. These safaris are available at the entrance of the park entry gate at govt controlled rates. The Eravikulam park is closed for visitors from January end to March as this is the calving season of Nilgiri Tahr. Eravikulam park visit must find a place in your Kerala vacations with family.
Places similar to Kerala are Andaman Nicobar and Assam in India.