Andaman Nicobar group of Islands is more than a usual beach Holiday destination where you spend your time on the beach doing nothing.
Plan your vibrating Holiday on the Andaman Islands if you wish to explore some amazing things thing in the Jungles of Andaman in addition to regular beach fun activities, if your itinerary is planned properly will let you have fun as well as some enrichment.
The islands are fascinating in more than one way. This group of islands was inhabited by a fierce man-eater tribe but now it has become a preferred holiday place that has some incredibly interesting facts about these islands. Islands of Andaman is calling people to explore some bizarre phenomenon on Andaman.
Apart from the below-listed places, another bizarre place in Andaman island is Parrot Island. You will see only Parrots on this island in the evening and All other types of birds will go away from this island.
A walkable sand bar emerges from the sea during low tide and you can walk from ross island to smith island. You can plan a tour to Diglipur in your Andaman Holiday Packages.
Things to do in Singapore Holiday With Family: Suggested Read.
1. The word “ Handuman” meaning Hanuman, a Hindu Monkey God in Malays Language, is the source of the name Andaman. Nicobar is the alteration of the Malay word' Nakkavaram' meaning island of the Naked people.
2. Andaman Nicobar island is known as the land of the largest sea turtle in the world. The Andaman Islands are home to the biggest sea turtles in the world. Three major species of carbs like Hawksbill, Green Turtle, and leatherbacks are found in Andaman islands
3. The tribe of Sentinelese peoples, numbering around 240, is the most threatened stone age humans and is still living in the islands of Andaman. Visiting Islands inhabited by Sentinelese is prohibited for Civilians.
4. Mud volcano on Baratang island is the only active volcano in India and is located around 140 kilometers from the capital Port Blair, this remote, 3-km-wide island comprises a 1.5 km-wide crater partially filled with a residue cone.
5. A tourist may see a Robber crab the world's largest living arthropod ( animal without internal spine), that lives here and is also called the Coconut Crab. Usually, these crabs live on land, but in the evening climb up the coconut trees and dig a hole into the tender coconuts to eat it as food.
6. You must have seen the nest as a dwelling unit but here you may see an edible bird's nest that you can eat. You will find these nests in Limestone caves in Baratang island on your trip to the Andaman Islands.
Swiftlet birds living in the calcareous Alfred Caves make edible nests. These calcareous Alfred Caves adjust their shape and size every rainy season due to some chemical process. The Swiftlet bird uses its saliva and attaches its gummy home to the most unapproachable places on the walls of the cave as a little cup
07. India's only live mud volcano can be seen in Baratang island and is situated just 150 from the Capital city of Portblair. The last recorded eruption was detected in Nilambur Village of Baratang Island in 1983. This volcano is shaped by emitting depressurized pore water and natural gas from decaying underground organic matter, accompanied by loud explosions and fire flares. It slowly shapes a small volcano with a crater covered with thick mud at the top.
08. In 2013 First commercial seaplane service was launched by Pawan Hans limited and named Jal Hans. These Amphibious planes can land and take off from both water and land. This small is an eight Seater Cessna 208 plan and is equipped with modern navigation systems and can go to a speed up to 270 km in an hour. Getting a booking on these Services is a Herculean task.
Kerala Honeymoon Packages with Treehouse, Houseboat
09. Havelock islands provide a chance for tourists to kayak through dense mangroves to reach the wide-open sea. The kayaking activity through the thick mangroves is a fascinating way to see the mesmerizing flora and fauna in the wildlife of the Island.
The mangroves forests of islands are both a kindergarten and a breeding ground and host a large number of life forms such as barnacles, algae, oysters, mud lobsters, shrimps sponges, and mangrove crabs, to name but a few. You should go kayaking to experience the bizarre phenomenon of Bio-luminescence while kayaking on dark no Moon night in Havelock island.
10. Yes, you can see waterfalls during your Andaman tour, there are two stunning waterfalls on Little Andaman Island–which is Whisper Wave which is 20 km from Hut Bay Jetty and the White Surf waterfall is 7 km away from the same jetty. To reach the awesome waterfalls, one can take an elephant safari or hike through the island's verdant woods.
Whenever you plan your holiday with the Andaman islands your tour should include some of the amazing and bizarre phenomena of the Andaman islands itinerary.
Do not Wait starts Packing your Bag for a vibrating and eventful Andaman Holiday with Club Holiday Team.
Plan a Trip to Andaman to see these Amazing Things of Andaman.
Some popular Andaman Holiday tour Packages that you can book or customize are our Andaman Tour for Family, Andaman tour for a romantic couple, explore complete Andaman, Andaman Honeymoon Packages, comfortable Andaman Package, short Andaman trip.
Take care and stay away from Corona.